Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Old Life Drawing Pt2

Here's some more of the life drawing that I found while sorting through a bunch of my old artwork.

IMG_2731

For this one we did a bunch of continual gestures as the model moved around in one spot.  I kind of like how this one turned out.

IMG_2715

We used ink and nib pens one week, which was very different for me.  It has a neat kind of graphic novel feel to it though.

IMG_2716

Remember when I said that I would sometimes get bored and add 'backgrounds'...

IMG_2726

This model was always difficult for me to draw because he had a tendency to look RIGHT INTO YOUR EYES as you were drawing him.  He looks so forlorn with his broom.

IMG_2796

This was the same model.  He became a ninja.

IMG_2814

And welcomed butterflies into his hands.

IMG_2828

This model often looked down at the ground, so I decided that he was thinking about flooring samples.

IMG_2831

IMG_2843

IMG_2803

This one turned out looking super sassy.

IMG_2789

We did some anatomy studies as well.

IMG_2771

IMG_2770

IMG_2778

Graphite is also something that I don't use very often, so this one was a bit of a challenge.

IMG_2775

IMG_2774

I really like how the last one turned out, especially in the foreground hand and the foreshortening in the face.  

I found a bunch of ridiculous looking blind contours as well, which I will try to post soon-ish!


2 comments:

  1. Holy crap, you got so good at life drawing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bryce! I'm horribly out of practice now though.

    ReplyDelete