Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Soooooo this happened...

It's been a very long time since I last posted anything here, but something pretty cool happened the other day that I feel I should probably write about.

Last Saturday I went to a book signing at the Chapters in the Metrotown Mall in Burnaby for Nick Offerman's new book Gumption: Relighting the Torch of Freedom with America's Gutsiest Troublemakers.  I was incredibly excited because Parks and Recreation is one of my most favorite shows and Nick Offerman's character Ron Swanson is a big reason why I love it so much.

I had seen this video from Conan O'Brian of 'leaked audition tapes' of Nick Offerman and a bunch of other celebrities auditioning for the soon to be Hugh Jackson-less role of Wolverine, and was talking to a friend at work about how Nick Offerman would make an amazing Wolverine, especially if he played it as Ron Swanson playing Wolverine.

    

My friend mentioned that he should probably be called 'WolveRon' and the name together with the picture in my head was so hilarious that I decided to draw it and give the picture to Nick Offerman at the book signing.


Also, Indigo Events tweeted a picture of me talking to him which was pretty cool. :)




I had really only hoped that the picture would maybe make him smile or even (if I was really lucky) laugh his fantastic Nick Offerman laugh (which he did), but he seemed to really like it and ended up tweeting it the next day.




That itself was pretty freaking cool, but then I started getting messages from friends saying that the tweet/drawing was showing up on Reddit and Imgur and was getting quite popular.  It showed up on The Huffington Post too!

The response to it has been pretty crazy, and I'm kind of blown away by all of it.  I'm still trying to process the fact that it's been viewed over 1.2 million times and that some people would like to have it tattooed onto their bodies...I definitely didn't expect any of this to happen or for so many people to see it (or I probably would have spent a little more time polishing it up and maybe coloring it...hahaha)

It was awesome just getting to meet Nick, shake his hand, and have him sign my copies of both of his books.  He was incredibly kind and gracious and a super cool person as well.  Also, being able to make someone who has made you laugh countless times laugh at something ridiculous that you made for them is definitely one of the coolest feelings in the world.  :)

I'm looking forward to reading his books!

No comments:

Post a Comment