Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Another Belated Christmas Post

So as well as the Christmas cards that I posted a few days ago, I also did a couple of other crafty Christmas things.  Here they are!

I was lucky enough to get a cake decorating shift right before Christmas, so I decided to make the most of it.  I can't take all of the credit for this cake though, my friend Charli helped me plan it out.  It is probably one of my favorite cakes that I have decorated!  I especially like how the snowman tuned out with his little sprinkle arms and nose...



I also got to help paint the front window at work for the holidays!  Luckily this year I didn't have to put any children on it because whenever I attempt to do that they end up looking like soulless demon creatures...  We had a holiday Blizzard called, "Reindeer Bites"  So I got to put reindeer on it instead.




This reindeer turned out looking a little bit beefy, or like it had taken some sort of performance enhancing drugs...

And now for my Christmas masterpiece!  My Christmas Sweater!


We have a Christmas party with a couple of other families each year and this year we decided that everyone should wear an ugly Christmas sweater.  I decided to make my own, and since I for some reason have been finding cat related puns hilarious lately I decided to incorporate one (or two) into my sweater.  I also added lights. :)


Cat related pun #1


The back of the sweater.  I learned my lesson about hot gluing things around the neck-hole of the sweater...After I had glued the white feather boa on it was very hard to get the sweater over my head.
Look at those santa's dance!


Cat related pun #2


This is the sweater that I made a couple of years ago.  It has a slight elementary school teacher vibe to it.


I made my dad a sweater too!  He didn't have one so I offered to make one for him.  He surprisingly agreed and told me to put whatever I wanted on it.  I was once again surprised that people have not yet learned that giving me freedom to do whatever the heck I want is generally going to end with ridiculous results.  And it once again did.  It took me literally 30 minutes to make this sweater.  Mostly because I started it 30 minutes before we had to leave.  Hurray for procrastination!  The hot glue job on the beard definitely could have turned out better, hahaha. 


My dad is quite the sweater model.

My sister made one too, and I was so proud to see that my ridiculousness was starting to rub off on her.  I helped her with the terrible dog puns.




The back of the sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment