Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Schoolism Week 5

For week 5 we learned how to approach a drawing with a more painterly approach.  I had a hard time coming up with something to draw, so I used a few random word generators and eventually got 'radioactive single minded regenerating crocodiles that throw blasts of energy'.  Andrew had shown us some techniques to create some cool effects, so it ended up working pretty well for me.  I didn't really cover off the 'radioactive single minded regenerating' part, but I did give him a lovely ball  of energy to throw.  I'm decently happy with how it turned out, and I kind of enjoy how it looks like his skin is made of pickles.


I haven't had a chance to make the changes that Andrew mentioned in his critique, but I will hopefully have time to tackle them soon.  The thing that I most need to work on is defining the form more with shadows.  Overall Andrew thought it was pretty good though! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment