Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

So these two paintings were also done in my developing design class. They both also came out of scribble drawings, but I think that they both look better as paintings. I originally thought of the first one as a moose, but different people have called it a reindeer, or something similar to that. I eventually decided that it would be an elk. Because then I could call the painting, "Yellk". because it's yelling. My teacher/mentor James also told me that it looks like Christmas wrapping paper to him. I would love to have wrapping paper with a Yellk on it!

The second painting ended up looking a lot sadder than the original drawing did, which is pretty awesome! You kind of just want to give the little guy a hug! I got to use my metallic paints again which always makes me happy, and I really like how his shell turned out. it kind of reminds me of the book, The Rainbow Fish which I loved as a child(and still do!). I still need to work out the background though, because the goldish blobs aren't really doing it for me. I also need to think of a name for him, any suggestions are welcome!


No comments:

Post a Comment