Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Farewell my Cardboard Friends

So the Living with Rob and Shauna contest has come to a close. I was unfortunately not the winner so I shall have to continue slaving away at Dairy Queen to pay for my tuition instead of taking some time off of work.  The winner of the $2000 was Owen Woytowich who was the only contestant able to get a picture with Rob and Shauna at the Kid Rock concert in Regina (as well as a bunch of the other big point 'local celebrities').  I was able to get 91 of the 119 pictures on the list and (I think) received 13,300 points for them.  They unfortunately took down the part of the website that listed the contestants standing right before they announced the winner so I don't know what place I came in overall.  Even though I didn't win I still had a lot of fun taking the pictures and going on adventures.  I have to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who helped me out with the contest; my sister Paige for lending me her camera and taking  a bunch of the pictures, my other photographers Charli, Kirk, Kendall, and my mom and dad, Raysha and Lincoln for the use of their trampoline, bus and skateboard, and all of the local businesses who allowed us to take pictures in their establishments.  These wonderful people dedicated their spare time to helping me in another of my ridiculous adventures and I am super grateful for their help and support!


I do have to say that I was a little sad when I had to take Rob and Shauna back to the radio station.  We had become so close over the past 3 weeks.  We could even communicate without speaking to one another.  They were also really easy to get along with and never complained when I would shove them in the trunk of my car for picture taking outings or when my dogs would endlessly bark at them.  I wish them well in all of their future promotional endeavors and hope that maybe we will someday meet again.




No comments:

Post a Comment