Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

5 Years

July 3rd was my 5 year anniversary for working at Dairy Queen.  There are only 3 other people who have worked there for that long, because not many people are crazy enough to do it.  It's a decent job to have while going to school but it can be terribly stressful at times.

One of my managers was super nice and made me a sign and put it up in the back of the restaurant.


She also brought in some cupcakes!  With RAINBOW SPRINKLES!  Anyways, I haven't posted any cake pictures in a while so I figured that now was a good time to throw some up here!  Enjoy!


This was a birthday cake that I made for a friend of mine. She's a huge 'A Very Potter Musical' fan, and she is adamant that she will one day marry Neville Longbottom.


This was a birthday cake for another friend of mine.  She told me to do something with a Disney theme and I was quite excited about it!  I titled this cake, "The Reason Why Simba No Longer Gets Invited To Parties".

I didn't manage to get a closer picture of this one, but it was for another friend of mine who wanted a Disney/Harry Potter/Music theme.  So of course I put Harry and Ariel singing karaoke under the sea.


This cake was for my cousins birthday.  He plays on a baseball team called the pirates so I put a baseball playing pirate on the cake.  My other cousin LOVES the 'whippy' icing so I put some extra on the sides.



This cake wasn't for an order, but i found the picture of the fish and decided that there needed to be a reason for his mouth to be open.


I called this cake 'Tyrannosaurus Rad'



I made this cake for my mom's birthday.  I put all 3 of our doggies on it!



This is what happens when you give me free reign with your cake.  I made this one for another friend of mine, and it was my first attempt at a '3D' cake.  Ice cream is not easy to sculpt...  I also got to put a terrible pun on the cake which made me very happy.


I made the unicorn out of the 'whippy' icing.


Best Friends Forever.




This was for another friend who wanted a duck sitting on top of a cupcake.


This was also for my cousin Mark, but from the year before.  He really loves Dr Pepper.  A lot.


I did not decorate my cake, but it was decorated for me by the wonderful Kristal for my birthday!  Kristal is one of the main cake decorators and I told her to do whatever she wanted on the cake.  She made it Glee themed and put Brittany, one of my favorite characters on it saying one of her ridiculous one liners.


My friend was wanting to order a cake for her homeroom class, but wasn't sure what to put on it.  I was standing nearby and told her that she should have a Dinosaur riding a monster truck, chasing a unicorn on a motorcycle on top of a rainbow with aliens shooting lasers at them.  She thought that was a marvelous idea.  I am a terrible influence.


So this isn't a cake, but it's a child's shoe that we found in the lobby and I decorated.  This is what I do at work.  You know, as well as all of the other work type things that I'm supposed to do...Hopefully my managers aren't reading this...  

No comments:

Post a Comment