Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Animation Mentor Class 1-week 4

Our lecture for this week was about timing and spacing and how both can affect the feeling of weight that something has.  For our assignment we had to take a heavy ball and a light ball and portray the differences in weight through the use of timing and spacing.  We first had to plan out our assignment.


I chose to do a bowling ball and a ping pong ball.

We were also encouraged to go out and find video reference for our animation and our substitute mentor this week Paul Allen sent us a bunch of really great video files. This is one that I used quite heavily as reference for mine.


My ping pong ball unfortunately turned out looking more like a super bouncy ball, but oh well.


I haven't had a chance to go back and revise it yet, but I may get rid of the crazy back-spin on the ping pong ball because I'm not sure of how well it's reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment