Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Animation Mentor Class 1-week 5

I was pretty excited for this weeks assignment because we got to tackle one of my favorite principles of animation, Squash and Stretch!  Now while they may just sound like two of Casper the friendly ghost's uncles, Squash and Stretch can really bring a lot of life and energy to a character and keep them from being really stiff and lifeless.  We got to put this principle to the test with...The Obstacle Course.

AM gave us 3 different courses to work with, or we could create our own or alter them to suit our needs.  I chose course #3.  Here's my plan for the assignment.


I wanted to keep my assignment fairly simple this week so that I wouldn't get overwhelmed with AM, work and my Graphic Novel class as well.



It definitely still needs some tweaking, but this is what it looked like when I handed it in.

We also had a Stu pose assignment for this week, and the emotion that we had to portray was Devastation.
It was kind of hard to come up with non-cliche poses for this week, but I did the best that I could!  Here are my thumbnails.


I ended up picking #12 for my final pose and this is how it turned out.



No comments:

Post a Comment