Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

So my sister got me to do some paintings of our dogs a little while ago (in exchange for a Princess and the Frog movie poster from Disney Movie Rewards....) and I'm finally getting around to posting pictures of them.  We have 3 dogs, all chihuahua's named Abby, Sophie and Amigo and they are all ridiculous.  My sister is a huge Ron Burns fan, so she asked me if I could do them in a similar style while still incorporating my own.  I tried my best!

I first did little thumbnail paintings to try and figure out what kinds of colors I would use and where the general placement of the dogs would be.


This first thumbnail painting turned out looking more like an angry Ewok type creature than a chihuahua.  It also let me see that just painting the dogs head with no body is kind of creepy...it looks like Sophie had a run in with a guillotine or the Cheshire cat.


The next thumbnail I did was of Abby, our long haired chihuahua.  I like how the eyes and the colors turned out.


The last thumbnail that I did was of Amigo.  He has an abnormally large head.

After the thumbnails I had a better idea of how I wanted the paintings to look, so I did the actual paintings on slightly larger canvases.





And here are some actual pictures of my dogs for comparison.


Amigo


Sophie


All 3 dogs


And then I found a ridiculous sultry picture of Amigo...


The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment